Due to growth and investment in our people we are currently looking for a highly motivated, service oriented, independent and results focused CNC Laser Operator for the Night Shift in our Production facility in Canton Ohio, USA.
In this position you will:
- Work on Nigh Shift schedule, from Mon-Thru 6:30pm-5am (4/10s)
- Set up and operate the CNS CO2 laser cutting machine
- Support the production team assembling parts, operate machinery, bending, cutting, punching or sawing metal products according instructions
- Understand machine setup, including program retrieval and start-up and shut down
- Diagnose machine problems and make modifications if needed
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
Additionally, you will manage the local material management department and be responsible for achieving the key performance indicators. You'll ensure that well-developed suppliers are available for the entire product range, so that the Operational Purchaser and Purchase Assistant can order efficiently. You'll guarantee that production units, sub-contractors and spare parts warehouses, have the right quality materials and services available on time and cost efficiently.
The organization AmbaFlex has four production units worldwide that produce the conveying systems for AmbaFlex. Production Unit Canton is one of four and was established in 2010. Within the Production Unit in Canton is the Internal Fabrication Department. The Internal Fabrication Department is responsible for producing raw, semi-finished and finished goods to support the operations of the other production departments within AmbaFlex Canton, Oh. This includes cutting, forming, welding, machining, and blasting of metal parts
Your Priorities and Skills
We expect you to have strong knowledge operating a CNC Laser cutting machine and have experience in the set-up of the machine, proper gases, proper nozzles and materials. In order to perform successfully, experience with reading workorders, determining specifications such as materials, locations of cutting lines and tolerances are strongly preferred.
High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of experience in a similar position as CNC Laser Operator (Prima Power Platino 1530w/4kW Convergent Laser)
- Proven working experience as CNC Laser Operator
- Ability to use basic math to analyse information and measuring equipment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and written processes
- Adapt own behavior easily, willing to adjust to changing demands and circumstances, open to new ideas and approaches problems as opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and multitask in a fast-paced environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to adapt to changing demands as appropriate
- Display behavior to attest to setting high standards for your own work and others. Commit to continuous improvements and ensure quality
Additionally, the following aspects are important for this job:
- Good command of English spoken and written.
- Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S houskeeping per schedules
- Perform material handling functions, including loading materials
- Measure completed work to verify conformance
- Can perform nesting software to maximize product/material usage
- Basic computer skills
We ask a lot; we offer even more!
First of all, we offer our CNC Laser Operator:
- A robust benefit package
- An international environment with an informal and collegial working atmosphere
- A lot of independence and variety in your work
- Various trainings
- Attention to physical and mental health
Are you in or do you want to know more?
Do you want to get acquainted or know more? You are more than welcome to contact us!
For job-content information, please contact Arjen Mol, our recruiter at 00316-82062488 or respond directly via email@example.com
AmbaFlex has a screening policy in the application process. This means that we would like to see your original diplomas and id. Acquisition by recruitment agencies as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.